Passion-Driven Professional Development

http://bit.ly/o0WVrp
What is passion?  According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, passion is defined as "an intense, driving...feeling of conviction."  To me, passion is feeling strongly enough about something to want to shout about it from the roof-tops.  Well, maybe not a literal roof-top, but you know what I mean.


Last year I found my passion as it relates to education:  instructional technology.  Once I started learning about it and using it in my classroom, I felt like I had to tell everyone I could about it.  I took to Twitter, Facebook, my blog, professional development days, and conferences to share my message.  I didn't feel obligated to do any of those things, but once I realized what a powerful tool I had unearthed, I felt the need to share it with anyone and everyone who would listen to me.



http://bit.ly/poalPX
What is your passion?   Do you feel strongly about Google Applications?  Using student feedback effectively? Standards-based grading?  Maybe you have found a way to integrate a new media tool or piece of pop culture into your lessons.  Whatever your passion is, your colleagues want to hear about it! We all know that the best teacher is the one who is passionate about his or her topic. Consider facilitating a PD session in your building or applying to present at a conference, or attending an #edcamp  and sharing your passions there.  Whatever you do, don't keep your passions to yourself, shout about them from the rooftops so that others can benefit from your passions as well!


Originally posted as a guest blog post on the SHS Inside Track. 

Popular posts from this blog

5 Technology Tips for the Not-so-Tech-Savvy Teacher

Low-tech methods to teach 21st Century Learners

5 tech tools to increase teacher productivity